writer by trade. creative by nature.
I'm a horrible dancer, have botched just about every hair tutorial I've ever attempted, and still laugh at all of my own jokes. For the life of me, putting together furniture will never be my thing. And by the time I finally keep a plant alive for more than a week, I'm pretty sure we'll have supermarkets on Mars.
After years of fakin' it and not makin' it, I finally decided to lean in to my weird quirks, mishaps, failures, even jealousies!...oh and post about all of them online.
It's unusual, I know. But I also know how draining it can be browsing the blogs of women who have their glamorous shit together wondering why in the hell it isn't panning out for you and your ten million self help books. So, I decided to even the playing field a bit.
My hope is that whether you're in the thick of messy life yourself or just looking for a good laugh, that you walk away feeling a little lighter and heck of a lot more comfortable in your own skin...or pit stains for those of us lucky enough to flaunt our sweet sweaty genes.
You might've also noticed...
That I'm really into writing. Rule of thumb: I'm either talking someone's ear off or writing it down for later. For the sake of everyone's sanity, I try post once a day—Monday through Friday. It keeps my brain quiet and my mouth closed...at least part of the time. You know, so other people can get a word in from time to time? All jokes aside, I love meeting new people, collaborating and geeking out over all things writing. So I hope that if a piece resonates with you or if you have a question about my process you'll be in touch.
Occasionally people hire me to help them write stuff
Writing content for my readers is my happy place. Helping other inspired writers develop incredible must-read voices of their own is a crazy cool bonus. On occasion, I do take on 1-on-1 writing coaching clients.
So basically if you think my mess-inspired, straightforward sass could push your business or blog in the right direction, let's connect! Fill out this form so that I can get a better understanding of your needs and goals.
But if you're just a reader...
I freaking love you. You keep this crazy dream of mine alive. And for that I will always be eternally grateful.
What you won't find on my Pinterest Page.
- I wasn't lying about the hair tutorial thing. I've got exactly 2 hairstyles: up and down. You've seen them in their entirety on this page alone.
- I have horrible taste in television. If it's got less than 2 stars, it's probably one of my favorites.
- If I didn't have writing to offset my thought overload, I'd probably have no friends. I talk way too much. My partner, Matthew, timed me once. My record is an hour and a half straight. I literally talked myself to sleep.
- My favorite day of the week is Wednesday, mostly because that's when my local Whole Foods stops being stingy and puts out the fancy cheese samples. To the kind gentleman behind the counter who overlooks my five cracker spread minimum, you're an angel.
- I'm a total hypocrite when it comes to eating. I hate double dipping and messy eaters. I'm a frequent culprit of both.
- I still haven't forgiven my mother for giving away all of my Beanie Babies in 6th grade. We could have been rich! Not really but it's a great excuse for why I'm not a millionaire yet. I'm manifesting I swear!
- I still stand by the fact that Kevin was by far the cutest Backstreet Boy. Don't argue with me. You'll lose.